The following information is very important. You should read this information if you are unclear at any time as to the purposes of this site and who is responsible for its maintenance.
The site contains information only relevant to UK investors and financial advisers. This is designed to inform and protect you. There are certain legal and regulatory limitations that apply to the information contained on this web site and by proceeding you are deemed to have read and understood this warning.
The information in this section is intended for persons who are United Kingdom residents for tax and investment purposes or those who advise such persons. In particular the information is not for distribution and under no circumstances is to be considered as an offer or solicitation to deal in investments in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or distribution would be unlawful, including, but not limited to, the United States of America.
Investment in any of the products described should only be made on the basis of the applicable offer document (eg Scheme Particulars, Prospectus, Key Information Document or other Terms and Conditions). Nothing in the Aberdeen web site constitutes investment legal tax or other advice nor is it to be relied upon in making an investment decision.
The information is not to be reproduced, copied or made available to others. Any research or analysis used in the preparation of this web site has been procured by Aberdeen Asset Management PLC and its subsidiary companies ('The Company') for its own use and it may have been acted on by the Company for its own purposes.
It is believed that the information is accurate at the date of publication and no warranty is given. It may be changed without prior notice.
Any tax reliefs mentioned are those currently available and are subject to change. Their value depends on the personal circumstances of the investor. Information relating to investment trust savings schemes and investment trust ISAs is approved by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom.
Risk factors you should consider prior to investing:
- The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up and you may get back less than the amount invested.
- Past performance is not a guide to future results.
- Investment trusts are specialised investments and may not be appropriate for all investors.
- Investment trusts can borrow money in order to enhance investment returns. This is known as ‘gearing’ or 'leverage'. However, the use of gearing can result in share prices being more volatile and subject to sudden or large falls in value. Where permitted an investment trust may invest in other investment trusts that utilise gearing which will exaggerate market movements, both up and down.
- Certain trusts treat the generation of income as a higher priority than capital growth; such trusts may deduct part or all of their management charge from capital. This will increase the amount of income available but at the expense of capital growth.
- Derivatives may be used, subject to restrictions set out for the Fund, for efficient portfolio management in order to manage risk and generate income. The market in derivatives can be volatile and there is a higher than average risk of loss.
- There is no guarantee that the market price of the Trust's shares will fully reflect its underlying Net Asset Value.
- As with all stock exchange investments the value of the Trust shares purchased will immediately fall by the difference between the buying and selling prices, the bid-offer spread. If trading volumes fall, the bid-offer spread can widen.
- Investing globally can bring additional returns and diversify risk. However, currency exchange rate fluctuations may have a positive or negative impact on the value of your investment.
- The Ordinary Shares may trade at a discount to the Net Asset Value per Ordinary Share and Shareholders may be unable to realise their investments through the secondary market at the Net Asset Value per Ordinary Share.
Other Important Information:
Issued by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom.
Registered Office: 10 Queen's Terrace, Aberdeen AB10 1YG. Registered in Scotland No. 108419. The Trust is managed by Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in the United Kingdom. Aberdeen Asset Managers Limited is a member of the Aberdeen Asset Management group of companies. An investment trust should be considered only as part of a balanced portfolio. Under no circumstances should this information be considered as an offer or solicitation to deal in investments.